The University of Girona has open a full-time Postdoctoral position with experience in Machine Learing in the Computer Vision and Robotics Institute (VICOROB).
This position is offered under the framework of EU H2020 project iToBoS (“Intelligent Total Body Scanner for Early Detection of Melanoma”). The aim of the project is to train an AI system able to integrate information from different sources, ranging from dermoscopic images and complete medical records to genomics. The postdoctoral work will be developed in the areas of advanced machine learning (CNNs and transformers). The candidate will participate in the development of algorithms for integrating all available information about the patient to personalise the diagnostic, and will coordinate the work to automatically extract information from the acquired body maps. He/she will work with the PhD students and partners in the project to develop methods for visualising, explaining and interpreting AI models.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Development of novel ideas for image classification and interpretation.
- Co-supervision of one or more PhD students
- Authoring and co-authoring of journal and conference articles
- Participation on experiments for the integration of the software in the skin scanner to be developed
- Participation in project activities such as meetings and demonstrations
Applicants should hold a PhD degree in computer science areas related to computer vision, machine learning or robotics.
All the details at mcyt